V Rising is a vampire-themed survival game developer published by Stunlock Studios. It entered early access on May 17, 2022, and quickly surpassed one million in sales. V Rising is a mashup of two different genres as you build a settlement while exploring an open world. You play as a newly resurrected vampire and slowly grow in power and expand your empire.
The description for the game perfectly summarizes the vibe you’ll see when playing.
“Awaken after hundreds of years of slumber, weakened and thirsty for blood. Gather a clan of allies online or play the part of the lone wolf as you explore a vast open world of dark horrors and, worse: the deadly sunlight. Raise a mighty castle worthy of your name, and convert the most promising humans into thralls to serve within it. Pillage villages raid bandit camps and traverse the territories of supernatural beasts. Drink their blood to steal their knowledge and power to become the greatest predator of them all.”
If you’ve always wanted to play as Dracula, this is the game for you.
V Rising Main Characters
V Rising has a massive catalog of NPCs but no main characters. Your vampire is customizable, and you can slowly tackle harder and more difficult enemies, unlocking more powerful servants to do your bidding. Here is a list of some of the more powerful monsters and NPCs you’ll face.
- Solarus the Immaculate
- Gorecrusher the Behemoth
- The Winged Horror
- Terrorclaw the Ogre
- Willfred the Werewolf Chief
- Mairwyn the Elementalist
- The Duke of Balaton
- Jade the Vampire Hunter
- Foulrot the Soultaker
- Ungora the Spider Queen
- Raziel the Shepherd
- Brutus the Watcher
V Rising Titles in the Series
There is only one main title so far, but there has been DLC released. Here is a list of all available DLCs.
- Dracula’s Relic Pack
- Founder’s Pack: Eldest Bloodline
- Sinister Evoltion Pack
V Rising Major Updates
V Rising has two significant updates during its short tenure.
The Halloween-themed update brought plenty of content for its ravenous fans. There were new cosmetics and castle upgrades, new abilities and powers, and weapon changes.
Secrets of Gloomrot
The latest update, almost after a year after the original game released was a pretty massive patch. Stunlock Studios pulled out all the stops.
There were updates to UI systems to make inventory and crafting more accessible and better ways for players to transfer or abandon castles. New content was revealed including gardens, furniture, and more décor.
The patch also included updated world locations and a brand new location. There were even new enemy units!
- Mutated Rat
- Mutated Deer
- Mutated Moose
- Mutant Spitter
- Flesh Golem
- Trancendum Villager
- Tractor Beamer
- Sentry Officer
- Drill Mech
V Rising Cheat Codes
Because of the nature of V Rising, the cheats only work with private servers, as it would be unfair for players to use these prompt commands in a PvP scenario. To activate these cheats, you need to start Console Commands.
Click the “Options” button in the Main Menu. Under the General tab, make sure the “Console Enabled” is checked. Return to your game and find the Tilde key — the “`” on your keyboard — directly below the Esc key.
To activate cheats now in your private server, press the Tilde key and type in Adminauth and click enter. Press the Tilde key again, type List, and press Tab to start the auto-fill. Once it’s finished, press enter, and the entire list is displayed. You may now select one. Other cheats require two prompts. Press the Tilde key, type give and press the space button. You’ll have options and can go up and down with the arrow keys. Once you have your desired effect, click tab. All that’s left to do is to type the number of items you wish to receive, followed by Enter to complete the command.
Here is a list of a prompt commands.
- Alias (Alias, Command)
- Bind (Key Combination, Command)
- MultiCommand (Commands)
- RemoveAlias (Alias)
- TempBind (Key Combination, Command)
- Unbind (Key Combination)
- adminonlydebugevents (Unnamed Argument)
- bancharacter (Character Name)
- banuser (Steam ID)
- claninvite (Unnamed Argument)
- ClientBuildingDebugging (Unnamed Argument)
- Connect (address or steamid, port, password)
- Copy (Command)
- DebugViewEnabled (Unnamed Argument)
- depthoffield (Unnamed Argument)
- DumpArchetypeInformation (Which, Num to print, Full info)
- DumpBlobAssetMemoryInfo (Which)
- DumpChunkFragmentation (Which, ExtraDebugging)
- DumpComponentMemoryInfo (Which)
- DumpDynamicBufferMemoryInfo (Which)
- DumpEntity (World, Entity, Full Dump)
- DumpEntityQueries (Which)
- DumpEverything (Which)
- DumpPrefabGUIDEntities (World, Component, Include Disabled, Include Prefabs)
- DumpQueryArchetypes (Which, OnlyRequired, AlsoLogToConsole)
- DumpSystemMemory (Which, AlsoLogToConsole)
- garbageCollectArchetypes (Which)
- give (What, Amount)
- giveset (What)
- hidecursor (Unnamed Argument)
- JobThreads (Threads)
- kick (Character Name)
- List (Optional: Category)
- listusers (Include Disconnected)
- localization (Language)
- logdestroyevents (Which, State)
- lowqualityatmosphere (Unnamed Argument)
- measureSystemPerformance (Unnamed Argument)
- motionblur (Unnamed Argument)
- performanceTestChunks (Jump Distance, Test Mode)
- performchunkdefragmentation (Which)
- printdestroyevents (Which)
- setadminlevel (user, level)
- setmipmaplevel (Unnamed Argument, Unnamed Argument)
- setresolution (Unnamed Argument, Unnamed Argument)
- setsystemenabled (Which, Unnamed Argument, Enabled)
- startbuildwallpaper (Unnamed Argument)
- teleport (Who, Where, WorldPosX, WorldPosY)
- TeleportPlayerToMe (User)
- TeleportPlayerToMousePosition (User)
- TeleportToChunk (Unnamed Argument)
- TeleportToChunkWaypoint (Unnamed Argument)
- TeleportToPlayer (User)
- texturestreamingenabled (Unnamed Argument)
- texturestreamingmaxlevelreduction (Unnamed Argument)
- texturestreamingmemorybudget (Unnamed Argument)
- ToggleDebugViewCategory (Unnamed Argument)
- toggleobserve (Mode)
- ToggleSetting (Setting Name, Optional Setting Values)
- unban (User Index)
- useoptimizedqueries (Which, State)
V Rising Cheat Codes FAQ
Does V Rising have cheats?
V Rising has a great selection of cheat codes you enter through console commands. You can teleport around the map or add necessary items for a particular build. It’s a great way to play on private servers.
How do I enable cheats on V Rising?
You must ensure your Console Commands are enabled and you turn on Admin Authority.
Can you spawn stuff in V Rising?
Using console commands, you can spawn items, materials, and even monsters. It’s a perfect way to collect everything you need.
Is V Rising a grindy game?
That’s debatable. For some, V Rising is a very grindy game and takes dozens of hours to progress through small facets of the game. One of the original game reviews talked about how tedious the crafting system could be. But for others, this game is perfectly paced, and each update improves the game’s stability and flow.
Can you steal in V Rising?
If you’re playing in a PvP server, you can battle other players, take their resources, and during certain times, raid their castles. It’s an integral part of the game, making it so appealing. You can play on a private server, access cheats, and play at your own pace.
What is the highest level in V Rising?
Gear progression in V Rising reaches its peak at a maximum permanent level of 84. Achieving this requires equipping a full set of the formidable Bloodmoon Armour Set, along with a jewelry piece equivalent to the power of a Blood Key, and wielding a Legendary Ancestral Weapon. However, you can consume Brute blood with a minimum blood quality of 30% for a temporary boost, granting you an additional gear level of 85. This means you can briefly ascend to even greater power in the game.
Can your castle be destroyed in V Rising?
When it comes to obliterating a castle in V Rising, it’s a straightforward procedure with a sweet bonus of receiving a portion of the structure’s original cost. All you need to do is follow a couple of steps. First off, activate build mode by hitting that trusty B key. Once you’ve done that, simply hover your cursor over the structure you wish to dismantle and give that spacebar a satisfying press. Voila! Watch as the castle crumbles and enjoy the rewards that come with it. It’s a quick and gratifying process that keeps the game exciting and dynamic.