Clive ‘N’ Wrench Summary
For fans of the bygone era, when titles like Banjo Kazooie, Rayman, and Mario 64, comes a humble game by the Clive ‘N’ Wrench. This indie game was developed by one man over the course of 10 years. This collect-a-thon game follows the adventures of Clive, a bipedal rabbit, and Wrench, a monkey who sits in his backpack.
Released on February 23, 2023, this indie title has seen positive reviews on the Switch, PlayStation Series, PC, Xbox, and Mobile platforms. It cites its genre throwback and enjoyable levels as high points of the game.
Clive ‘N’ Wrench Premise
It was a day like any other, a normal, boring day…until the castle got blown up by an evil monkey with way too many matchsticks. Bunny, who was eating her morning cereal at the time, sends Clive N Wrench into the various worlds to find the cause of this sudden destruction and put a stop to it once and for all.
As one might expect, it’s a little light on the plot. But that’s okay! This is the sort of game that doesn’t need a 30-hour story to get you through the game. You know the drill, find enough collectibles to advance into the next stage, learning new moves along the way.
Clive ‘N’ Wrench Main Characters
- Clive. The first half of the titular duo. Clive, not the FFXVI hero, is a bunny who can hop, skip, and jump his way to victory. Also doesn’t wear a shirt for some reason.
- Wrench. The monkey on Clive’s back! Often throws a wrench into someone’s plan!
- Bunny. A bunny who lives with Clive N Wrench. She also invented a teleporter in their fridge. I’m not sure how.
- Dr. H.G Dracus. The Big Bad Evil Guy of the game, who has turned himself into a robot. Or just pilot one. Hard to say.
Clive ‘N’ Wrench Titles of Video Games in the Series
A stand-alone title, this game is! I don’t know why that was spelled out like Yoda, but here we go!
- Clive N’ Wrench (2024)
Clive ‘N’ Wrench Cheat Codes
As you might expect (I say that a lot), there are no cheat codes in this game. So, instead, let’s go over a few tips and tricks!
- Collect EVERYTHING. As expected of any good platformer and collect-a-thon, try to pick up as many trinkets do-dads, as possible, and everything floating before you move onto the next level. This will generally make the journey easier, as some stages require X amount of items before you can access them.
- Don’t get Frustrated. As easy as it is to lose your cool when you miss a jump, don’t worry! You’ll have time to double back and try again! Or go attempt another jump, either is fine!
Clive ‘N’ Wrench Cheat Code FAQ
How long is Clive N Wrench? About seven hours if you focus solely on the main quest. 10 hours if you try to collect everything.
Who made Clive N Wrench? Numbskull games!
Is Clive N Wrench worth it? That depends on you. If you like old-school games like Banjo and Kaziooe, then you’ll like them!