Crime Boss: Rockay City Summary
Who says crime doesn’t pay? Well, I imagine anyone who’s been shot by a crime in progress. In any case, Crime Boss: Rockay City is a newly released game on numerous platforms. Made by Ingame Studios, this first-person shooter takes inspiration from various titles like Grand Theft Auto and Payday.
Released in March 2023, this first-person shooter isn’t actually like most others. It’s more of a genre mashup, featuring elements such as turf wars, perma death, and random events decided by the RNG (Random Number God).
Crime Boss: Rockay City Premise
You play as Travis Baker, a small-time drug dealer who is looking to take over the big leagues after the previous kingpin met an untimely end by an ‘early retirement’ during an explosive (literally) rooftop party. With the top dog gone, it is your chance to rise and become the newest crime boss in this messed up city.
This game is notable for its amount of celebrity cameos, such as Ice T and even Chuck Norris, of all people.
If you think this game sounds light on plot, don’t worry, that’s exactly how it is. Unlike Payday or Grand Theft Auto, this first-person shooter is all about the gameplay, less so on the plot.
Crime Boss: Rockay City Main Characters
- Travis Baker. The Player Character. A small-time crook aiming to make it to the big leagues by any means necessary.
- Sheriff Norris. Your primary opponent throughout the game. Based on Chuck Norris.
- Ranger. One of the special crew members you can unlock, and can give you missions as well!
Crime Boss: Rockay City, Number Titles of Video Games in the Series
The first game released in this series is this one!
- Crime Boss: Rockay City (2023)
Crime Boss: Rockay City Cheat Codes
No one said being a crime boss is easy, and sadly, you can’t just cheat code your way to the top! So, instead, let’s go over a few tips and tricks.
- Money Talks. You need cash, that’s the long and short of it. But to get cash, there are various ways to get the dough.
- Like heists. There are several heist types in the game, standard, Turfwar, and Large Heist. Standard is good for getting cash now, with Turfwars good for generating passive income, and Large Heists being setpieces for the story.
- Be a sneak thief. Stealth is crucial in nearly all events. For one, they result in fewer enemies, and that means less risk and more reward. Granted, sometimes it’s not possible, mostly because the A.I can be being…weird.
Crime Boss: Rockay City Cheat Code FAQ
Can you play Crime Boss: Rockay City offline? If you want to play co-op, then no. But you can play all modes offline, thankfully.
Can you play Crime Boss: Rockay City solo? Yep! On or offline, you can play the game solo!
Does Crime Boss: Rockay City have crossplay? No, sadly.