Doki Doki Literature Club Plus!, was released for the Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Windows, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S on June 30, 2021. A macOS version of the game was later released on August 12, 2021. The game is an expanded version of the freeware visual novel of a similar title released in 2017. The game arrived at generally favorable reviews and currently sits in the high 80s on Metacritic across all its platforms.
The Premise Of Doki Doki Literature Club Plus!
Known as a visual novel, Doki Doki Literature Club Plus! is light on gameplay elements. Most of the gameplay consists of interactivity similar to a book. There is a visual element but fans of more hands-on genres like first-person shooters, platformers, and fighting games might find this style of gameplay boring. The game allows the player to make decisions that affect the narrative but the control the player has ends there for the most part making this game for a pretty niche fanbase. This game is best experienced blind so if you are going to give it a chance, try to go in with as little information as possible.
The Main Characters Of Doki Doki Literature Club Plus!
- The Protagonist – He is the main character of Doki Doki Literature Club!. He is a member of the Literature Club and Sayori’s childhood friend. The protagonist uses whatever name the player gives him, but he is a separate entity from the player.
- Sayori – She is the Vice President of the Literature Club, the protagonist’s childhood friend, and a character whom the player can write poems for.
- Yuri – She is the second member to join the Literature Club. She often struggles talking to people, finding it hard to relate and understand others leaving her somewhat isolated. Though seemingly a tad rough around the edges, Yuri is shown to be a very kind individual later on in the Side Stories.
- Natsuki – She is the third and final member to join the Literature Club. Natsuki appears confident, friendly, chill, and mature. A little different from how she acts in the original Doki Doki Literature Club.
- Monika – She is the President of the Literature Club and is the game’s driving force, directing club members to write poems until the club festival, which enables and develops the characters and story.
Other Titles In the Series
Doki Doki Literature Club Plus! is a rerelease of a previous title however it doesn’t count as a new game in a series. While it does have new content at its core it’s the same game as the original. Instead here are some games similar to Doki Doki Literature Club Plus!
- Yume Nikki – The lead developer of Doki Doki Literature Club himself recommends Yume Nikki and cites it as one of his influences. Yume Nikki is a game where you explore surreal and dream-like worlds.
- Tokyo Dark – Tokyo Dark is very similar to Doki Doki Literature Club but it has a bit more interactivity. There is more gameplay for sure but leans much more into the darker tones of storytelling. Not for everyone but might be perfect for fans of Doki Doki Literature Club.
- Oxenfree – A supernatural adventure game about six teens who have an all-night party on an island. Similar to Doki Doki, this game is best experienced with little to no information.
Doki Doki Literature Club Plus! Cheat Codes
While Doki Doki Literature Club Plus! doesn’t have cheat codes in the traditional sense there are unlockables for players who are interested.
The game has multiple endings depending on player choices.
|Unlockable||How to Unlock|
|Best End||Complete the game having viewed all nine character cutscenes (three for each girl).|
|Early End 1||Start a new game. Save immediately. Close the game. Go into the “Characters” folder in the game directory and delete Sayori’s file. Restart the game.|
|Early End 2||Before starting a new game, go into the “Characters” folder in the game directory and delete Monica’s file.|
|Normal End||Complete the game without having viewed all of the cutscenes.|
|Start a New Game.||Start a New Game.|
|Perfect! Sayori||Write a perfect poem for Sayori.|
|Perfect! Natsuki||Write a perfect poem for Natsuki.|
|Perfect! Yuri||Write a perfect poem for Yuri.|
|Perfect! Monika||Write a perfect poem for Monika.|
|Friendship and Literature||Finish all of the Side Stories.|
|Breakthrough||Achieve 100% data collection.|
|Thank you||Love, Monika|
|Dan says hi||Find Dan’s special note.|
|Any% WR attempts||Write a poem in 20 seconds or less.|
|She will never be real||Listen to a lot of what Monika has to say.|
|Doki Doki Poetry Slam||Spend enough time during the poem minigame for the music to loop.|
|Error||For more information, contact your system administrator.|
|Kill everyone||Kill all of your friends.|
|No||Choose not to quit DDLC.|
|Buy my mixtape||Spend 20 minutes listening to music on the desktop.|
|Stonks||Review Paula’s project plan.|
|2-Stocked||Delete Monika twice while getting deleted zero times.|
Doki Doki Literature Club Plus! Cheat Code FAQs
How do I get equals DDLC plus? Equals is a bonus campaign that serves as the epilogue to the side stories included in Doki Doki Literature Club Plus!. This focuses on all members of the Literature Club in a separate timeline to Doki Doki Literature Club!. It is unlocked by completing all other six side stories.
How long does it take to 100% DDLC plus? If you’re a gamer who strives to see all aspects of the game, you are likely to spend around 15 Hours to obtain 100% completion.