Successfully complete the game, then start a second playthrough (which will overwrite your saved game) to activate Hero mode. In this mode, hearts last half as long, hearts and heart flowers will not appear unless you are carrying a Heart Medal, you will start with a fully powered up Skyward Strike attack, the Sheikah Stone will let you access all the hints, and you will have your previously collected insects and treasures. Additionally, Boss Rush mode will include the final Boss.Triforce saved game icon
Defeat the final Boss, and successfully complete the game in Hero mode to unlock the Triforce saved game icon.Gratitude Crystal unlockables
Collect the indicated number of Gratitude Crystals and bring them to Batreaux to get the corresponding bonus:
- 2 Gold Rupees: 70 Gratitude Crystals
- Big Wallet and Cursed Medal (1,000 Rupees capacity): 30 Gratitude Crystals
- Giant Wallet (5,000 Rupee capacity): 50 Gratitude Crystals
- Gold Rupee: 40 Gratitude Crystals
- Piece of Heart: 10 Gratitude Crystals
- The Medium Wallet (500 Rupee capacity): 5 Gratitude Crystals
- Tycoon Wallet (9,000 Rupee capacity): 80 Gratitude Crystals
Win the indicated number of battles in the Thunder Dragon's Lightning Round to get the corresponding bonus:
- 20 Rupees: 1 battle
- Small Treasure (random): 2 battles
- 100 Rupees: 3 battles
- Piece of Heart or 200 Rupees: 4 battles
- 300 Rupees: 5 battles
- Rare Treasure (random): 6 battles
- 500 Rupees: 7 battles
- Hylian Shield or 1,000 Rupees: 8 battles
- 2,000 Rupees: 9 battles
- 3 Rare Treasures: 10 battles
- 3,000 Rupees: 11 battles
- 9,900 Rupees: 12 battles
Play your harp near a group of butterflies in certain areas, and a Goddess Wall may appear nearby. Hold your sword up to the light, and draw the indicated symbol on the wall to get the corresponding item:
- Arrows: Drawing an arrow.
- Bombs: Draw a circle.
- Fairies: Draw a Triforce.
- Recovery hearts: Draw a heart.
- Rupees: Draw a rupee.
Go to the Waterfall Cave in Skyloft at night. Find the three Blessed Butterflies nearby, and play your harp as if summoning a Gossip Stone. The Moonlight Merchant will appear. The following items can be purchased from him:
- Blue Bird Feather: 200 Rupees
- Dusk Relic: 100 Rupees
- Evil Crystal: 100 Rupees
- Goddess Plume: 200 Rupees
- Golden Skull: 200 Rupees
- Monster Horn: 100 Rupees
Collect the indicated material to have the owner of the Scrap Shop in Skyloft upgrade the corresponding item:
- Banded Shield (Wooden Shield upgrade, 30 Rupees): 2 Amber Relics, 1 Monster Claw, 1 Jelly Blob
- Big Bug Net (Bug Net upgrade, 100 Rupees): 3 Tumbleweeds, 2 Ancient Flowers, 1 Evil Crystal
- Braced Shield (Banded Shield upgrade, 50 Rupees): 2 Monster Claws, 3 Amber Relics, 2 Tumbleweeds, 1 Ornament Skull
- Divine Shield (Sacred Shield upgrade, 100 Rupees): 3 Ornament Skulls, 1 Dusk Relic, 2 Bird Feathers
- Fortified Shield (Reinforced Shield upgrade, 100 Rupees): 3 Eldin Ores, 3 Monster Claws, 3 Tumbleweeds, 1 Blue Bird Feather
- Goddess Shield (Divine Shield upgrade, 150 Rupees): 3 Monster Horns, 4 Dusk Relics, 3 Bird Feathers, 1 Blue Bird Feather
- Iron Bow (Wooden Bow upgrade, 50 Rupees): 3 Tumbleweeds, 3 Monster Claws, 2 Eldin Ores, 1 Evil Crystal
- Large Bomb Bag (Medium Bomb Bag upgrade, 100 Rupees): 3 Lizard Tails, 4 Jelly Blobs, 2 Hornet Larvae, 1 Golden Skull
- Large Quiver (Medium Quiver upgrade, 100 Rupees): 2 Monster Horns, 3 Dusk Relics, 1 Golden Skull, 1 Goddess Plume
- Large Seed Satchel (Medium Seed Satchel upgrade, 100 Rupees): 5 Amber Relics, 3 Monster Claws, 1 Golden Skull, 1 Blue Bird Feather
- Medium Bomb Bag (Small Bomb Bag upgrade, 50 Rupees): 1 Lizard Tail, 3 Ornament Skulls, 1 Blue Bird Feather
- Medium Quiver (Small Quiver upgrade, 50 Rupees): 3 Monster Horns, 3 Dusk Relics, 5 Amber Relics
- Medium Seed Satchel (Small Seed Satchel upgrade, 50 Rupees): 4 Amber Relics, 3 Monster Claws, 3 Ornament Skulls
- Quick Beetle (Hook Beetle upgrade, 50 Rupees): 2 Ancient Flowers, 2 Hornet Larvae, 1 Golden Skull
- Reinforced Shield (Iron Shield upgrade, 50 Rupees): 2 Eldin Ores, 2 Ornament Skulls, 2 Monster Claws
- Sacred Bow (Iron Bow upgrade, 100 Rupees): 5 Tumbleweeds, 3 Lizard Tails, 2 Evil Crystals, 1 Goddess Plume
- Scattershot (Slingshot upgrade, 50 Rupees): 2 Dusk Relics, 2 Amber Relics, 3 Jelly Blobs
- Tough Beetle (Quick Beetle upgrade, 50 Rupees): 3 Ancient Flowers, 4 Amber Relics, 1 Blue Bird Feather, 1 Goddess Plume
Use the Bug Net or Big Bug Net to capture the following bugs in the Overworld. Bring them to the Potion Lady's husband in the Skyloft Bazaar along with the base potion to upgrade it.
- Air Potion+ (20 Rupees): 2 Sky Stag Beetles, 2 Skyloft Mantises, 2 Lanayru Ants
- Guardian Potion+ (40 Rupees): 1 Faron Grasshopper, 2 Eldin Rollers, 3 Blessed Butterflies, 3 Starry Fireflies
- Heart Potion+ (20 Rupees): 1 Woodland Rhino Beetle, 3 Blessed Butterflies, 1 Volcanic Ladybug
- Heart Potion++ (30 Rupees): 3 Deku Hornets, 3 Blessed Butterflies, 1 Sand Cicada, 1 Eldin Roller
- Revitalizing Potion+ (20 Rupees): 3 Deku Hornets, 2 Skyloft Mantises, 2 Woodland Rhino Beetles
- Revitalizing Potion++ (30 Rupees): 3 Lanayru Ants, 2 Woodland Rhino Beetles, 1 Gerudo Dragonfly, 1 Sand Cicada
- Stamina Potion+ (20 Rupees): 3 Volcanic Ladybugs, 2 Sky Stag Beetles, 2 Gerudo Dragonflies, 1 Faron Grasshopper
Search the indicated locations to find the Heart Pieces:
Between Sealed Grounds and Faron Woods: Gorko will give you a Heart Piece after you showing him how to draw a heart symbol on the Goddess Wall by the shrine entrance.
Eldin Volcano: The Heart Piece is above the area in the southwest of Eldin Volcano. Send the Beetle past it, then run it into a bomb by the shelled Pyrup to take it out. Set a waypoint marker on your map to it, then run all the way around to get the Heart Piece.
Faron Woods 1: Once you have the Bomb Bag, destroy the bomb-able wall near the entrance to the path to the Sealed Grounds on the west side of Faron Woods proper.
Faron Woods 2: The central tree in the northern portion of Faron Woods has a root in the south that leads to a rope. Use it to cross to the Heart Piece.
Fire Sanctuary: Once you have the Mogma Mitts, find the Dig Spot in the northwest corner of the Fire Sanctuary, just before the river of lava. Catch a Mogma in the tunnel to get the Heart Piece.
Fun Fun Island: Fix Fun Fun Island, and get a perfect score in the Dodoh's Drop mini-game to get a Heart Piece. To do this, drop through all five rings to get a x10 score multiplier and land on the 50 Rupee multicolored space.
Goddess Cube, Deep Woods: Activate the Goddess Cube outside the Skyview Temple entrance. The chest is on a small island south of Skyloft.
Goddess Cube, Eldin Volcano: Once you have the Water Dragon's Scale, go to the long sand slide on the eastern side of Eldin Volcano, in the far north. Take the left side, and aim for the left platform that has a Dig Spot. Below this is another platform with a Goddess Cube. The chest is in the center of the town of Skyloft. Note: You must swim underwater to reach the area it is in.
Goddess Cube, Faron Woods: Once you have the Water Dragon's Scale, gain access to the top of the Great Tree in Faron Woods. Drop off the ledge on the northeast side of the tree. Fall to the platform with the Goddess Cube. Note: This cube can be seen from the viewing platform with the Bird Statue in the north.
Goddess Cube, Pirate Stronghold: Once you have the Clawshot, open the jaws in the Pirate Stronghold, and go outside. Turn around, and look for a high Clawshot target. This will lead to the Goddess Cube.
Goddess Cube, Temple Of Time: There is a mine cart and a robot blocking the path that upgrades your map to have multiple waypoints in the area outside the Temple Of Time. The Goddess Cube is east from this point, along the mine cart track. Use the Timeshift Stone above the area to push or ride the mine cart to the edge of the Timeshift Stone's effect. There is another stone across the gorge. Activate it with the Hook Beetle, then get in the mine cart. Charge a Skyward Strike, and hit the Goddess Cube as the mine cart passes it. The chest is on Beedle's Island in the northeast of the sky.
Goddess Cube, Volcano Summit: The cave leading to the Fire Sanctuary entrance has an exit that leads to a waterfall. Use the water to put out the frog statue flames. Run off the cliff by this waterfall and fall down. Maneuver around a pillar to land on the platform with the Goddess Cube.
Lanayru Desert: Once you have the Clawshot, open the bomb-able wall found in the northeast of Lanayru Desert proper. Proceed ahead to a long path of Clawshot targets and Chuchus. The Heart Piece is in a chest at the end.
Lanayru Gorge: Revive the Thunder Dragon, then play Lightning Round/Boss Rush mode. Defeat four consecutive Bosses, then quit to get a Heart Piece.
Pumpkin Landing 1: Successfully complete all of the tasks for the owner of the Lumpy Pumpkin (Pumpkin Soup delivery, Pumpkin Harvest, and Kina's song) to get a Heart Piece.
Pumpkin Landing 2: Enter the Pumpkin landing pub, run upstairs, then roll into a rafter to knock down a Heart Piece.
Sandship: Once you have the Clawshot, go through the crow's nests of the Sandship to gain access to the rear of the ship. Use the Clawshot to reach a Clawshot target that allows you drop down the back side of the ship, where a chest with a Heart Piece can be found.
Shipyard: Successfully complete the Sandship, then return to the Shipyard. Play the Rickety Coaster mini-game, and complete the Expert course in 65 seconds or less to get a Heart Piece.
Skyloft 1: Bring ten Gratitude Crystals to Batreaux to get a Heart Piece.
Skyloft 2: Successfully complete the Fledge's Workout side quest. Find Fledge in the pumpkin patch on Skyloft, then score 600 points in the Pumpkin Pull mini-game to get a Heart Piece.
Skyloft 3: Once you have the Clawshot, enter Zelda's room. You can see the Heart Piece through a crack in Karane's wall. Climb to the roof of the Knight Academy, and aim the Clawshot under the roof of the chimney. Release and fall into a room above the bath. Climb through the small hole, and drop into Zelda's room. Open her cupboard to find a Heart Piece.
Skyloft 4: Purchase the Heart Piece in Beedle's Shop for 1,600 rupees after getting a wallet large enough to hold the required rupees.
Skyview Temple: Get the Beetle, and use it to hit a switch above the bottle-like structure to open a gate to a Heart Piece.
Volcano Summit: Once you have the Mogma Mitts, find the Gossip Stone with a Dig Spot in front of it at the entrance to the Fire Sanctuary. A Heart Piece can be found there.
Sit on the small stools or chairs found in dungeons to begin refilling your hearts after a few seconds.Entering Zelda's room
Climb around to the roof over Zelda's room using the ledge by the upper entrance to the Knight Academy. Use the Clawshot on the target on the top of the chimney's reverse side to enter the academy. Note: If this is done at night, Gaepora will be taking a bath below where you land. Crawl through the passage to enter Zelda's room, where you can look at Zelda's diary by sitting in her chair; get a Gratitude Crystal (at night); get a Heart Piece from the cabinet; and look at the Tingle doll.Beedle's trap door
Do not buy anything from Beedle's Shop, and try to leave. Beedle will open a trap door, and you will fall to the ground below.The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time reference
If you play The Legend Of Zelda: Skyward Sword theme song backwards, it resembles the "Zelda's Lullaby" song, the first Ocarina song you learn in The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time.